Today's Pick: TEX (-115) ML @ LAA
I was going to play a parlay tonight. I liked the Brewers to beat Casey Mize and the Padres because Mize is slow to find his comfort zone. It took him about three years in Detroit and he got shelled in his first start with San Diego.
Ultimately, I feel like the price on this Texas game tonight is so good that the best bet is to play it as a straight wager.
TEX (-115) ML @ LAA
Reid Detmers (3-8) starts for the Angels. Detmers doesn't have much to pitch for this season and I feel like Detmers, without a long-term contract in place, is the sort of pitcher who is going to save his arm for the '27 season. I think he has been soft-tossing. He has posted a 2.78 HR/9 since July 3rd (six starts) and that mark supports my argument to some degree. The bookies aren't discounting Detmers and I am.
MacKenzie Gore (6-9) starts for the Rangers. Gore didn't have a great July. He posted a 6.82 ERA over 31.2 innings pitched but 39 strike outs to only six walks (6.5 K/BB) and that's nice. In his last start on August 4th, Gore spun 6.0 innings of shut out baseball and only allowed three hits.
The Rangers are at full-strength offensively. Their bullpen looks to be in good shape tonight. LA has some good young arms in the bullpen tonight but ther lineup is looking rather ragged without Adell. I like the price on Gore and Texas tonight at (-115). I feel like the Angels are dragging up and Texas is playing for the AL West title. It's a big difference and a big edge.
-------------Monday, August 10th-----------------
Today's Pick: STR WAGER
-- TEX (-115) ML @ LAA
Units in Play: 1.00 units
Amount Wagered: 1.00 units
Ticket Pays: 1.87 units
---------------------Cash Ticket--------------------------