Day Off: Tuesday, August 11th
I got caught in a torrential rain storm today. I was camped out under the awning of a shopping center. I was expecting rain. Had a coffee, was nice and cozy.
The storm that passed through wasn't your typical rain storm. It wasn't even a downpour. It was similar to a god damn hurricane.
The wind was blowing probably sixty to seventy miles and hour and the rain was blowing sideways. There was no eacape.
The storm arrived in a matter of seconds. I was taking a piss in the alley and there was some wind and a sprinkle of rain. Before I finished my bathroom break I was soaked. There was no escape. I spent the entire storm walking around the parking lot looking for my ball cap. My hat blew off and it's long gone. The wind probably took it all the way to Indiana.
I haven't been caught in a storm like that and I was in Florida for a few tropical storms. This storm was something else. It was a short and intense storm. For about ten minutes it felt like a damn hurricane was approaching.
I spent all afternoon drying out my clothes and my gear. I had to unpack my hiking pack and let everything dry in the sun. Fortunately the storm past and it was nice and sunny all afternoon.
Everything dried well, I repacked my bags and played some golf at the public course across the street.
It was a miserable day for the most part. I didnt get any hiking in and didn't have internet all afternoon. It's another day off.
For the most part, the '26 season is over. Im going to try and write some Game Day's and am going to get some picks in before the end of September but days off will likely continue to stack up.
My primary goal is to finish my miles this summer and Im well behind schedule.