Today's Pick: SDP (-125) ML @ KCR
The All-Star break is in the rearview mirror and the Padres' bus rolls into Kansas City for a three-game series this weekend with the Royals. If there is any team in baseball that needed a few days off it is the Padres.
I feel like the time off is just what the Padres needed. Michael King (6-7) gets the start tonight and he is their best starting pitcher. San Diego is difficult team to beat with King on the mound and a well-rested bullpen. The offense is continually a question mark but King and the bullpen can win this game.
Kansas City is a team that is out of contention. Seth Lugo (3-6) starts for the Royals. Lugo is unlikely to be traded, mostly because he hasn't had a great season in '26 and is under contract for 21.5M in '27. I expect Lugo to pitch without any sort restrictions tonight. He is capable of a 6.0 innings of two-run baseball. Five earned in 5.0 innings is also likely. Lugo has posted an 8.24 ERA over his last5 starts.
Padres are on the road for ten games in ten days. They get the Braves and the Marlins next week with their season on the line. In some way, there is a lot of pressure in this KC series. I don't know if San Diego can survive this road trip but I think they can get a win tonight and I like the price at (-125).
----------------Friday, July 17th-------------------
Today's Pick: STR WAGER
-- SDP (-125) ML @ KCR
Units in Play: 1.00 units
Amount Wagered: 1.00 units
Ticket Pays: 1.80 units
---------------------Cash Ticket--------------------------