Today's Pick: "Sans Misiorowski" Two-Team Parlay (+257)
I was going to bet "the Miz" at home tonight against the Mets but it's Freddy Peralta's return to Milwaukee and that's a big game for Freddy and the Mets. I do like two other games tonight.
MIN (-120) ML @ CLE
Joe Ryan (6-5) starts for the Twins tonight. Ryan is as good as it gets in MLB. 2.85 ERA supported by a 2.77 FIP with a 5.12 K/BB ratio. His numbers are as strong as any pitcher in the league over 110.1 innings this season. I have the Twins as sellers at the deadline despite their winning ways this season. A (49-51) record isn't that bad in the days of triple wild card. Trading Ryan brings back a substantial haul of prospects for a Minnesota team that isn't going to wreck their rebuild for a premature playoff push. Ryan likely is well aware of the potential for a trade in the next two weeks. I don't think it effects his performance tonight. He is a strong competitor and will be pitching for a win in this game.
It's Tanner Bibee (3-9) for the Guardians. Bibee was a late scratch on Saturday due to an illness of some sort. The illness may linger some tonight and if it does, the Twins will likely be all over Bibee early. He had a strong June but has been shaky in his last3 to the tune of a 4.71 ERA. Only six strikeouts to five walks in his past 17.2 innings.
Cleveland's bullpen was taxed over the weekend due to a double-header on Saturday. Minnesota's top4 are well rested. Cleveland still has an edge in the bullpen tonight but it is minimized some.
I like the price on Joe Ryan. I feel like it's a good matchup against Bibee tonight. I'm betting that the Twins get a win to open the week.
STL (-105) ML @ LAA
Kyle Leahy (7-4) starts for St. Louis. Leahy is a perfect fit in St. Louis' rotation. He is another starter that flys well under the radar but if you look closely at his effort this season, he has been effective. 2.81 ERA in May. 3.76 ERA in June and a 1.43 ERA over his last5 starts, Leahy has pitched consistently well all-season.
Jose Soriano (8-6) starts for LA. Soriano has been a dog since the beginning of May. He has a dead arm. He failed to record a single strikeout in his last start on June 12th. He has had plenty of rest heading into tonight's game and that could make a difference but I like St. Louis tonight. The price at (-105) is nice and Leahy is as good or better than Soriano.
The Cardinals' bullpen is a mess but it's Blewett, Svanson, Bruihl and O'Brien tonight and I am feeling good about them stepping up.
I'm going to package the Cards and the Twins for a two-team parlay that pays out at (+257). I like this bet, print me a ticket.
-----------------Monday, July 20th--------------------
Today's Pick: Two-Team Parlay (+257)
-- MIN (-120) ML @ CLE
-- STL (-105) ML @ LAA
Units in Play: 2.00 units
Amount Wagered: 2.00 units
Ticket Pays: 7.14 units
---------------------Cash Ticket--------------------------