Today's Pick: "Double It" Two-Team Parlay (+117)

I got a late start this morning and I missed the "Miz" in the early game.  It was a sweat but Misiorowski pitched a good game and Milwaukee's bullpen held.  I likely would have played that game with Bruce Zimmerman on the bump for St. Louis.  

A full slate of games behind the afternoon opener and it's a difficult card in some sense.  I went through all my reads on the games that are yet to post and I settled into two picks. 

Here are the bets I like tonight:

TEX (-165) ML vs. LAA

Jacob DeGrom (7-5) starts for Texas.  DeGrom seems to have gotten over his slow start.  The veteran hurler had a strong showing over six starts in the month of June.  He collected four wins, averaged 6.0 innings a start and posted a .972 WHIP and an 11.25 K/9.  A sub 1.00 WHIP combined with an 11.25 K/9 is ideal for a high leverage relief pitcher.  Those numbers as a starting pitcher are elite.  DeGrom has been eating innings, racking K's and only allowed three long balls total across his six June starts.  

Jose Soriano (8-5) starts for Los Angeles.  Soriano was the games' hottest pitcher into May.  He posted a 5.34 ERA in May.  He posted a 5.34 ERA in June.  He has been good for 17 earned runs in 28.2 innings in each of the past two months.  He should be good for three runs in 5.0 innings tonight.

Both bullpens have pitched well.  Both bullpens are in the top10 in xFIP as a group since June 1st.  Both teams were off Monday.  Both bullpens are at full strength tonight.  

The advantage in this game is in the starting pitching matchup despite Soriano being the Angels' ace.  DeGrom gets a lot of credit from the book because he is a crazy competitor.  Rangers are in contention and are playing to win the AL West.  Jose Soriano is saving his arm for '27.  Angels are out of the playoff picture and Mike Trout is out of this game with a ham sandwich or a hamstring strain. It's likely both.  

I like the Rangers to get a win.  I don't like the price all that much at (-165).  The Rangers can be a dog of a team but I will pay up for DeGrom.  Jacob DeGrom is one of the truly great pitchers of all-time and can win this game tonight.

It's a 7:05 PM CDT start from Globe Life Field in Arlington, TX.

LAD (-290) ML vs. COL

Justin Wrobleski (10-2) starts for LA.  Wrobleski had it working last week in his start at Sutter Health Park in Sacramento, CA.  He struck out 11 Athletics' hitters in that game.  18 whiffs.  Wrobleski has been blowing his heater past hitters all season.

He was sharp in his last start at Chavez Ravine and has won his Last2 starts at home.  l am on the Wrobleski bandwagon.  He has been in the shadow of the NL's best young pitchers:  Chase Burns, Paul Skenes and Jacob Misiorowski have big arms but Wrobleski, to his credit, might have the NL's biggest thighs.  This guy has huge legs.  Wrobleski gets an amazing push off his drive leg and is ripping fast through the slot.  His heater plays way up as a result.  It's one of the best four-seamers in MLB this season.

I haven't been a big proponent of Wrobleski this season and am well behind many Dodger's fans who have watched him pitch more than I have but from what I have seen, this guy is legit and is a top of the rotation arm.  Wrobleski is likely the Dodgers' three in the playoffs, ahead of Snell, Glasnow and Sheehan.  That designation is an impressive compliment considering how good Snell and Glasnow have been over their careers.

Michael Lorenzen (3-9) starts for Colorado.  Lorenzen is the reason the number (-290) on this game is what it is.  6.07 ERA in April.  8.87 ERA in May.  5.92 ERA in June.  July didn't get off to a smashing start either.  Lorenzen has been good for runs.  

Rockies can hit.  Rockies' offense can win a game but they don't hit left-handed pitching as well as they do right-handed pitching.  They are a little softer away from Coors Field.  Wrobleski is a tough matchup for this team on the road tonight.  I like the Dodgers to get a win in this game.  

First pitch from storied Chavez Ravine in Los Angeles, CA is scheduled for 9:10 PM CDT.

Package that up for a (+117) payday.  I like this bet and this pick tonight. It's a tough slate of games but I got two good pitchers and two home teams against a pair of teams that are out of contention.  

----------------------Tuesday, July 7th---------------------

Today's Pick: Two-Team Parlay (+117) 

-- TEX (-165) ML vs. LAA
-- LAD (-290) ML vs. COL

Units in Play: 1.88 units

Amount Wagered: 1.88 units
Ticket Pays: 4.08 units

---------------------Cash Ticket----------------------------

Popular posts from this blog

Postgame Report: MIN -1.5 (-120) Loss

Today's Pick: A 2 Team Parlay

Postgame Report: MIL (-130) Winner