Today's Pick: DET (-135) ML vs. ATH
I am struggling some today. It's been a stressful day and my mind is racked with tension so I'm going to get this pick in and try to rest some.
DET (-135) ML vs. ATH
Troy Melton (4-1) starts for Detroit. Melton has been on fire. Over his Last3 starts, the Tigers' rookie hurler has only allowed a total of five hits and two earned runs. On the season, Melton has posted a superb 2.05 ERA with a 0.80 WHIP in 44.0 innings of work. The righty has good command over a six-pitch mix that includes two looks to his fastball with a four-seamer that reaches 99mph, a cutter, a splitter and a pair of breaking balls. He has a live arm and has put together some momentum this summer. I watched him pitch some, he is no Eury Perez but the numbers are strong.
Jeffrey Springs (3-8) starts for the Athletics. Springs went off the rails somewhere around the end of May. In six starts in the month of June, Springs allowed 30 earned runs. That damage was spread out fairly evenly. 12 home run balls. This guy has been getting wrecked.
The A's look to have a slight advantage in the bullpen tonight but a lot of that is recency bias. Despite pitching well over the last two weeks, the A's bullpen hasn't been all that reliable this season. Detroit's bullpen, without Vest, is soft but Keider Montero could throw tonight in relief of Melton and Montero has pitched well this season. Jansen is available in the ninth.
Jacob Wilson, Zach Gelof and Tyler Soderstrom are all in the lineup for the A's tonight. It is a dangerous A's lineup. The Tigers' lineup looks like squat to be honest. Softest Tigers' lineup of the season.
I'm betting on Melton as much as I'm betting against Springs. The two getting together in this one should have the Tigers going off at long odds. The price at (-135) is nice. That is a testament to the A's potent offense and the Tigers having a lineup that has Matt Vierling leading off with a .255 On-Base Percentage. Hao Yu Lee at 2B? Rookie Ben Malgeri in right field and Jahmai Jones at the DH with a .140 BA on the season. What the f*ck? I'm putting it on anyways. I am stressed to the hilt today.
We're betting on Melton and Montero tonight and the likelihood of another blowup from Springs. Too much into this post to turn back now. Let's see how it goes.
----------------Wednesday, July 8th-----------------
Today's Pick: STR WAGER
--DET (-135) ML vs. ATH
Units in Play: 1.00 units
Amount Wagered: 1.00 units
Ticket Pays: 1.74 units
---------------------Cash Ticket--------------------------