Today's Pick: "Rays Brew Crew" Two-Team Parlay (+227)

When I think of Tampa and I think of cold brews I think of Fosters Lager, Jai Lai IPA and Reef Donkey Pale Ale.  My three favorite beers to tramp around with in Tampa, Florida.

As you might have guessed from my lead in, I like the Rays and the Brewers tonight.  The price looks good on both games.  Package them up for a (+227) payday.  

TBR (-110) ML @ HOU

With Jeremy Pena out of the lineup, I'm feeling good about the Rays tonight.  

Nick Martinez (7-2) starts for Tampa.  Martinez gets very little credit from the books and in some way a bet on Martinez is a good value as a result.  What's Martinez do well?  He limits base runners and eats innings.  The veteran journeyman has made 16 starts this season and has averaged nearly 6.0 innings per start (94.2 innings pitched).  It is an impressive feat.  Martinez doesn't post gaudy strike out numbers but he gets outs.  All the advanced stats peg Martinez as lucky but I'm not buying it.  This guy is a good pitcher with command of a six-pitch mix and that plays well against a young Astros' team.  

Spencer Arrighetti (7-4) starts for Houston.  Arrighetti scorched April and May but his fire was put out somewhere around the beginning of June.  In five starts over the month of June, the Astros' hurler has posted a 9.00 ERA and a 2.52 HR/9.  

Rays have an eight-game winning streak entering play tonight.  This team is fired up.  Houston is going through the motions and is looking forward to being out of contention.

I like the Rays tonight and the price is nice at (-110).  It's a 7:15 PM CDT start from Daikin Park in Houston, TX.

MIL (-140) ML @ AZD

On the road again, the Brewers pull into Phoenix for a three-game series with the Arizona Diamondbacks. 

Kyle Harrison (8-1) starts for Milwaukee.  Harrison has been overshadowed by Jacob Misiorowski this season but he too will be at the All-Star game in Philadelphia, PA on July 14th.  The lefty has emerged as a legitimate ace.  I watch him pitch on the YouTube and he is solid.  His delivery is repeatable, he has a low release point from a low arm slot that hides the ball from right-handed hitters.   He pounds the zone with a 96 mph heater that looks like it rises a foot and he has a great breaking ball that he works low in the zone.  His break out is legitimate.

Jose Cabrera (0-1) starts for Arizona.  Cabrera was called up at the end of June after throwing 61.0 innings across two levels in MiLB this season.  There is nothing not to like about his minor league numbers.  Cabrera has pitched well this season and has earned his look.  He's only thrown 10.0 innings in MLB.  He is still green and the Rays picked him early for seven hits and a pair of homers on June 27th.  

The D'Backs were off on Thursday.  The bullpen is well rested and it has been a good group but the Brewers are as good of an offense as this team will face all season.  

Brewers' bullpen has been busy but I'm counting on Harrison to deliver six sharp tonight.  Ashby, Uribe and Megill are available late.  

I like the Brewers to get a win and the I like the price at (-140).  It's an 8:45 PM CDT start from Chase Field in Phoenix, AZ.  

With a win yesterday, the Pickstreak Blog carries in 1.80 units and we're going to press it all.  A win and we will rack some units.

----------------------Friday, July 3rd---------------------

Today's Pick: Two-Team Parlay (+227) 

-- TAM (-120) ML @ HOU
-- MIL (-140) ML @ AZD

Units in Play: 1.80 units

Amount Wagered: 1.80 units
Ticket Pays: 5.88 units

---------------------Cash Ticket----------------------------

Popular posts from this blog

Postgame Report: MIN -1.5 (-120) Loss

Today's Pick: A 2 Team Parlay

Postgame Report: MIL (-130) Winner