Game Day: Saturday, July 4th
Goodwill was open on the Fourth of July. The entirety of the United States of America survived weeks of shutdown during the COVID-19 scare but we can't close the thrift stores for a day, not even on a Saturday, to celebrate the 4th of July.
I'm not going to get into all too much. I don't want to argue and bitch today.
That game is in the books. Pittsburgh wins 7-1. Braxton Ashcraft is a nice two in that Pirates' rotation.
Twins are up 4-0 early on the Yanks. Rookie Brendan Beck is getting shelled in that game.
The Yanks put Carlos Rodon on the IR with elbow inflammation. It is looking more and more likely that the Yankees and the Tigers are going to get together on a Tarik Skubal trade.
With Carlos LaGrange on the IR for four to six weeks with a shoulder injury, how does that trade look for Detroit?
Elmer Rodriguez and Spencer Jones on the A-Side has Detroit listening. Kyle Carr and Coby Morales on the B-Side closes the deal but not before Detroit adds OF Wilson Rodriguez to their plate.
Tigers:
-- (SP) Tarik Skubal (MLB)
--for--
Yankees:
-- (SP) Elmer Rodriguez (MLB)
-- (OF) Spencer Jones (MLB)
-- (SP) Kyle Carr (AA)
-- (CI) Coby Morales (AA)
-- (OF) Wilson Rodriguez (A+)
I'd say the dark cloud that flew over the Yankees clubhouse a week ago was due to Tarik Skubal and trade talks opening with the Tigers. In a few weeks from now, Tarik Skubal will descend from the sky clothed in navy pinstripes and take the mound at Yankee Stadium. Sort of like that movie, "Big Trouble in Little China" when the Three Storms drop in on the Chinese standoff and cut everybody into pieces.
No turning back now Cashman. Have to get that deal done.
I like this trade for Detroit quite a bit. This is a done deal if I'm in the Tigers' front office. I wouldn't hesistate a second. Skubal would be out of town. I'd get him one of those bundt cakes and a 12-pack of Genesee Cream Ale.
The Yankees aren't giving up on this season. They are going to unload on a few trades before the end of July. Judge and Stanton are both going to return to the lineup and the Yanks are going to make a run at the AL East and the World Series.
The big question this July is what trades are the Yankees going to make and what prospects and players are going to be on the move in the trades that do come together for the Bronx Bombers.
It's the Fourth of July. I am going to cut this short today so that I can get to today's pick. I have big plans for a four-team parlay and am hoping to get this pick in soon.
Stay Tuned.