Game Day: Friday, July 10th

It's a late edition this afternoon, I had to pack up my camp this morning.  I'm preparing for a long hike.  My goal is 400 miles before the end of summer.  

I like to hike the roads, less mosquitoes.  The trails are treacherous.  

400 miles is a good challenge.  It will be difficult to hike and to write the blog into the end of the summer but that is my goal, to hike and continue writing at MLB Pickstreak until the end of the regular season.  

I will also be writing a hiking journal on my other blog at:

https://wwwboathousedreams.blogspot.com

I have read a few hiking journal's on the internet, there is an entire website dedicated to hikers and thru-hikers.  I forget the name of it but some real prolific tramps on that site.  

I prefer to write my own blog, I'm not much for community.  The writing becomes an effort to appeal to the audience and your peers and in that way its not for me.

Everybody in MLB is dying for a break.  I feel the heavy weight that gets heavier as the last day before what is for most players and folks who work in and around MLB, a four-day vacation.  The only weekend off all summer and its not even a weekend.  It sure would be nice to have an entire week off.  

That's not in the cards this season.  Play resumes on July 17th.  It's four days off for most players.  This MLB season is a real grind.  

I like it the way it is.  The long season, a month of spring training, a 162 game regular season schedule is a mountain of games, a month of post-season play.  Eight solid months of baseball.  Many players and professional baseball people won't get a single weekend off.  

The seven day All-Star break makes a lot of sense for a number of reasons.  Skenes is out of the game due to his regular season pitching obligations.  With a longer break, Skenes could attend, he could pitch in the All-Star Game, and he could still enjoy a few days off.  

I think my All-Star Week proposal makes the most sense.  A full seven day All-Star Week with a four-team All-Star Tournament. Two days off, a three-day All-Star show with the Home Run Derby, a double header semi-final and a championship game, and another two days off before play begins again.

I have to keep it short this afternoon.  I have some errands to run before I embark on my hike.  Hoping to take off tomorrow morning for a ten miler.  

My muscles are a little out of shape.  It has been a long while since I put in a long day rucking the pack.  That's what this hike is all about.  Keeping my strength.  It's going to be difficult but I'm ready.

Still time to get a pick in.  I'm going to take a look at the slate and if there is a game or two that I like I'll have a pick up before I call it a day.  

Stay Tuned.  

Popular posts from this blog

Postgame Report: MIN -1.5 (-120) Loss

Today's Pick: A 2 Team Parlay

Postgame Report: MIL (-130) Winner