Today's Pick: "Pair of Aces" Two-Team Parlay (+126)

No laundry tonight.  My laundry connection has fallen through.  I shall survive.  

I am sort of happy about it.  I am excited about the card tonight.  There are a number of good games across the league.  Two games in particular caught my attention and after putting in some research, both games look like good bets to me.  Package them up in a two-team parlay bet for a (+126) payday. 

I'd juice this bet up with another game but I'm really trying to get a win tonight and I don't want to add any risk to what I feel is a very good payout on a pair of aces.  

PHI (-165) ML @ NYM

Zach Wheeler (7-1) starts for Philadelphia.  Wheeler is a man on a mission this season.  He faced the Mets last week and only allowed four hits and one earned run in 5.2 innings.  I like Wheeler to get six innings and a quality start tonight.  With the way the Phillies have been scoring runs, a quality start should be good for a win.

Zach Thornton (0-1) starts for New York.  The Mets recalled the rookie on Friday to make the start tonight.  Lefty David Peterson was left behind in Chicago.  Peterson was traded to the Cubs earlier this week for prospect Cole Mathis.  Thornton is Peterson's replacement and with the Mets tearing it down, Thornton will have an opportunity to stick with the team for the remainder of the season.  Entering tonight, he has only pitched 4.1 innings in MLB.  He is green and while he has pitched well across two levels in MiLB (AA/AAA) this season, he has yet to get a win in the big leagues.

The Mets' bullpen is worked and they will likely be without their top3 tonight.  This team is beginning to resign themselves to the idea that the playoffs are not in the cards this season.  Losers of six straight, the Mets' season is all but over and that could factor in tonight.  The Mets' could take the night off.  The Phillies will be looking to win this game, extending their winning streak to four games.  

It's a lopsided matchup tonight and the price is nice at (-165).  Wheeler should be a bigger favorite tonight.  I like Philadelphia to get a win.  

It's a 6:10 PM CDT start at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, PA.  

MIL (-250) ML vs. CHC

Jacob Misiorowski (8-3) starts for Milwaukee.  Misiorowski took a loss last week on the road in Atlanta.  He pitched well in that game but so did Braves' starter, Martin Perez.  "The Miz" roasted the Cubs on May 19th.  He only allowed three hits over 6.0 innings in that start.  The big righty has only allowed three earned runs since the beginning of May.  Misiorowski is a good bet tonight.

Colin Rea (5-5) starts for Chicago.  4.78 ERA in May.  5.85 ERA in June.  Rea is good for three runs every 5.0 innings.  The phone has been ringing off the hook in the Cubs' bullpen.  93 pitches on Wednesday.  70 pitches on Thursday. This team is floundering.

Brewers had the day off on Thursday.  Cubs played a double-header on Wednesday, a long night-game on Thursday in New York and took a red-eye flight into Milwaukee this morning. 

I like Milwaukee to get a win tonight.  It's a 6:45 PM CDT start from American Family Field in Milwaukee, WI.  

Aces in the hole, (+126) on a two-team parlay.  I'd consider moving all-in on this one but there is no fold equity in sports gambling.  I'll stick to my system.  With one unit in play, it's a one unit bet tonight.  Let's see if we can get a win into the weekend.

------------------Friday, June 26th-------------------

Today's Pick: Two-Team Parlay (+126)

-- PHI (-165) ML @ NYM
-- MIL (-250) ML vs. CHC

Units in Play: 1.00 units

Amount Wagered: 1.00 units
Ticket Pays: 2.26 units

---------------------Cash Ticket-------------------------

Popular posts from this blog

Postgame Report: MIN -1.5 (-120) Loss

Today's Pick: A 2 Team Parlay

Postgame Report: MIL (-130) Winner