Today's Pick: MIA (-160) ML @ COL
I am hesitating on a lot of games today. It's a very precarious card in some way. I look at the card and the only pitcher that instills any confidence in me tonight is Sandy Alcantara.
Sandy Alcantara (8-4) starts for Miami. Alcantara is getting used to winning. He has earned a win in each of his Last5 starts and posted a 2.60 ERA over 34.2 innings in June. It's a long night and a long flight to Denver but Alcantara has to be excited about his winning streak. He will be looking to make it six wins in a row when he takes the mound tonight at Coors Field.
The Marlins as a team also have a winning streak on the line after sweeping the Cardinals over the weekend. This is a team that is excited to be playing tonight. Winning streaks are fun and can really put a team in a good mindset.
Sean Sullivan (0-2) starts for Colorado. It's Sullivan's fourth start of the year. He went 5.0 innings on June 23rd and allowed three earned runs in that start. I thought it was a good start for Sullivan and likely his best effort. He gave up eight earned runs in 4.0 innings against the Cubs on June 17th.
The Rockies' put some runs on the board last week. This is a baseball team that can hit the ball but ultimately, the way I see it, it's Sandy Alcantara versus Sean Sullivan tonight.
Marlins have a well-rested bullpen with some good pitchers at the top and Colorado's bullpen is a squash farm.
Marlins have a four-game winning streak and are playing for a playoff birth. Rockies are out of contention.
I like the Marlins tonight and will lay the odds at (-160) for an ace against a five. The winning streak nullifies the late flight. Marlins will be ready to go tonight.
We enter tonight's action with a one-pick winning streak ourselves. The Pickstreak Blog hit a plus-money parlay on Friday and as a result, we have 2.26 units in play. I'm going to press it all tonight. Let's see if the Pickstreak Blog can make it two wins in a row.
------------------Monday, June 29th-------------------
Today's Pick: STR WAGER
MIA (-160) ML @ COL
Units in Play: 2.26 units
Amount Wagered: 2.26 units
Ticket Pays: 3.68 units
---------------------Cash Ticket--------------------------