Pick Result: "Perseverance" Three-Team Parlay - LOSS

"Perseverance is a loss.  How can that be?  The word and the concept is so uplifting and full of positivity," says the detractor sarcastically.  

Mock me if you must but I believe in perseverance win or lose and once again I am happy with my picks despite the loss.  Perseverance and determination are with me and are on my side.  I trust in that.  

The Pickstreak Blog won 2 of 3 games last night and that doesn't constitute a winner in a parlay bet.  My strategy with the parlays hasn't paid off this season but I am learning and improving with each bet in some way.  I feel good about my season to this point.  Losing has never been easy for me to cope with but writing this blog has helped to ease the pain in some way and showed me how to take abstract wins, even when I lose.  It is an important concept.  There are wins that might not show up on the scoreboard but in one way or another are also wins.  It has nothing to do with the spirit of competition or the idea that winning isn't everything.  It has everything to do with having the ability to deflect loss, lack, sadness and sorrow from my heart and spirit.  It is that black spirit that has plagued me for so long.

Disappointment isn't welcome in my heart anymore.  I am learning to not be disappointed by results and to take more satisfaction from the work itself.  In completing the task.  In doing my best everyday.  

Speaking of scoreboards, the Royals trounced the Rays 12-5 last night at the Trop.  Shane McClanahan is going to have to dig deeper if he is going to continue to be a successful pitcher in MLB.  I watched the highlights of the homerun balls he offered to Caglionone and Loftin.  The curveball he threw to Nick Loftin was a slow looping cupcake and the fastball he threw Caglionone in the fifth inning looked like batting practice.  That pitch was right over the heart of the plate.  

I didn't like what I saw from McClanahan in this game. He isn't competing every pitch.  Three home runs allowed last night and I'm off McClanahan the rest of the year.  It's not a decision based in animosity.  I really didn't like what I saw from him in the highlights.  

Royals pounded reliever, Steven Matz, in the top of the eighth inning for five runs and the game is well out of reach in the ninth inning.  It wasn't a good night for McClanahan or for the Rays' bullpen.

Sandy Alcantara pitched a great game for the Marlins and moves his record to (8-4) on the season.  Rangers' bullpen is wounded and limping.

Sonny Gray stepped up last night and got his team a win. Seven innings, 11 K's, only one earned run allowed, Gray is the leader of this Boston Red Sox team.    It was a great start for the veteran.  Gray is now (9-1) on the season.

------------------MLB Pickstreak Pick Results-------------------

Pick Result: Three-Team Parlay (+302) - LOSS

-- TBR (-190) ML vs. KCR - LOSS
-- MIA (-160) ML vs. TEX - WIN
-- BOS (-165) ML @ COL - WIN

Amount Wagered: 1.0 units
Ticket Pays: 0.00 units

Current Streak: 2L

Season Record (STR): 2-5
Season Record (PAR): 4-13
Season Record (ML) 24-23*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------MLB Pickstreak Profit / Loss-----------------

Beginning Account Balance: 50.00 units
Current Account Balance: 32.00 units

Sportsbook Account: 0.00 units

Buy-In: 1.00 units
Units Banked: 0.00 units

Units in Play: 1.00 units

Current Account Balance: 31.00 units
Bank Balance: 7.00 units

ROI Open Equity: -22.0%
ROI Closed Equity: -24.0%
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*all picks are moneyline (ML) bets, we have selected a total of 47 games. Seven games were bet outright as straight (STR) wagers. 40 games compose our parlay (PAR) bets. We have placed 13 Two-Team Parlays, 3 Three-Team Parlays and 1 Four-Team Parlay. That's 47 individual game selections total, 24-23 on the season.

Popular posts from this blog

Postgame Report: MIN -1.5 (-120) Loss

Today's Pick: A 2 Team Parlay

Postgame Report: MIL (-130) Winner