Game Day: Wednesday, June 24th

Baseball has been interrupted by the World Cup.  That is why there have been strange days off.  I think I'm going to take one too because there is rain in the forecast and I'm not going to have an opportunity to research the games.  

I haven't paid any attention to the soccer games.  Whose winning the tournament?  I hope it concludes soon.  I'm rooting for Canada.  Do they even play soccer in Canada?  I'm sure they play some soccer being that they are crazy about hockey.  It's a similar premise.  

I went to a professional soccer game in Chicago.  The Chicago Fire.  It was a miserable game.  A former acquaintance of mine was a bigshot in the hot dog business and got free tickets.  I could have been a hot dog pitchman like Paul Skenes.  Did you see Skenes handing out hot dogs at Sheetz?  

As far as the soccer game, the fans cheered the entire game, for over ninety minutes, stomping on the bleachers, some of the fans had fireworks, I kid you not, they snuck fireworks into the game and lit them off.  There was a brief stoppage of play and then it all resumed when the smoke cleared. The game resumed and the stomping of the bleachers resumed as well.  The fans that didn't get thrown out didn't miss a beat.  They even cheered when the opponents scored a goal.  The thing about it is, they have levels of loudness.  In moments of high drama, when their team makes a big play defensively or puts a shot on goal, they get louder.  There is a noticeable ebb and flow to the pandemonium.  

I like baseball games far better.  Even the most hotly contested games, you can still relax and enjoy the first few innings without much fanfare.  That was the best part about being at the game.  Finding your seats, settling in with a beer and some peanuts.  Chatting about the field and the weather and the crowd before the first pitch. 

I'm giving up NFL after the 2026 season.  I don't like football, never have.  I do have a 25-game winning streak on my NFL moneyline bets.  That is legitimate.  It seems impossible but consider that every bet has been on a lopsided favorite.  The average line on my bets has been around (-400).  I bet big favorites and in the past two seasons, more often than not, the favorites have won.  

Betting games at those odds, to win 25 games in a row is a 265 to 1 longshot.  It's an impressive winning streak and it's an honest and true accomplishment but as you can see, it isn't impossible or even a miracle of any sort.  265 to 1 is a nice longshot but it isn't like hitting the lottery.  It's more likely than hitting a Pick Four. A Pick Four box gives you 24 numbers out of 9999 possible combinations and that is a 417 to 1 long shot.  Hitting the Pick Three is 166.5 to 1.  My streak is somewhere between hitting the Pick Three and the Pick Four. 

I'm going to play the NFL picks this season, until my streak is up.  If I finish undefeated this season, it would be an accomplishment that I would be proud of.  It is still going to be my last season.  I'm giving up NFL and college football entirely.  My last season of football. I'm looking forward to life without football.

I completely gave up NBA and college basketball and it has been nice.  I don't miss basketball in the least bit.  

In baseball news, the Cubs have been decimated.  Edward Cabrera and Ben Brown have both been placed on the IR.  It will be interesting to see how the Northsiders patch things up.  I'm uncertain but it looked as if Cabrera's season could be over.  The cart on the field.  Whose left in that rotation?

Boyd, Assad, Imanaga, Taillion, Steele, Wicks -- this team is like a hydra.  

Padres lost Lucas Giolito.  They are better off in some way.  Giolito wasn't a top-of-the-rotation arm and the Padres will do well to get him out of the locker room.  Musgrove, Pivetta and Marquez are better options assuming all three can return from the IR.  I thought that was a bad addition to the team when they added Giolito at the end of May.  

As I have mentioned, the weather prohibits me from putting in the research today.  My odor prohibits me from sitting indoors.

It's going to rain shortly and the weather report says cloudy and rainy all through the weekend.  I'm miserable about it.  The rain is really getting to me this year.

I have to go fill my water bottles up and prepare for the storms.  No pick today, I won't be online much until tomorrow.  That's all I got in me today.  It has been a difficult day and this is my best effort.  

Have a good night and stay tuned.  

Popular posts from this blog

Postgame Report: MIN -1.5 (-120) Loss

Today's Pick: A 2 Team Parlay

Postgame Report: MIL (-130) Winner